Water Governance : Frameworks and Negotiations
Université de Genève (UNIGE) > Centre de formation continue et à distance
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Program in 5 modules.
The first module is a distance learning class (MOOC) on Water Management and Policy.
Modules 2-5 are classroom teaching classes, organised on a full-time basis over a period of two weeks in June:
- Hydrology: Global Trends and Environmental Changes
- International Water Law: from Universal to Regional and Basin Agreements
- Right to Water Access: Law, Water and Development
- Identify and analyse the new challenges of water resource management at the global scale, considering the whole water cycle.
- Analyse hydrodiplomacy and actors’ strategies and understand trends and functioning of water governance at the global level.
- Provide tools to water professionals for the analysis of water policy issues and the management of the resource in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Develop work-related skills such as: ability to analyse international legal and institutional frameworks, and the related negotiations; ability to prevent and regulate water conflicts.
- Develop a community of practice in the field of water governance.
- Holding a master, a bachelor, an undergraduate university degree, or any equivalent education
- Having at least two years of professional experience relevant to the programme of the Certificate
- Mastering the English language
Admission sur dossier.
Professional acting at strategic levels and aiming to develop analytical skills on water governance processes
A broad diversity of backgrounds is expected: public administrations, International Organizations, Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations, private sector.
Modules can be followed individually: CHF 1,250.- per module
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
CAS in Water Governance: Frameworks and Negotiations / CAS en Gouvernance de l'eau: structures et négociations, awarded by the Institute for Environmental Sciences of the University of Geneva. 10 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System).
Lieu / adresse
- Genève (GE)
University of Geneva
Institute for Environmental Sciences (ISE)
Uni Carl-Vogt – Room CV 001
Boulevard Carl-Vogt 66
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
1 distance course + two weeks in June (full time, Monday to Friday + Saturday monrning)
- A temps partiel
Renseignements / contact
Tél. +41 (0)22 379 07 69