Communication, Advocacy and Negotiation for Humanitarian Action, Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS)
Centre d'enseignement et de recherche en action humanitaire
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
- Actors, typology and the specific contexts of communication in humanitarian crisis
- Local codes of communication, communication objectives, links between communication and humanitarian principles
- From local to global: link between local and international, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) methodologies, critic the use of media
- From local to global: specific content of a message, process of picturing human suffering, ethical principles
- Communication between humanitarian actors
- Personal work
- Define stakes related to communication in humanitarian aid.
- Determine the communication mode according to key stakeholders.
- Design and implement a communication/advocacy strategy in humanitarian action.
- Choose the appropriate activities and tools to advocate for a specific humanitarian goal.
Bachelor d'une haute école universitaire
- Either a university qualification following three years of study plus at least two years of work experience in the humanitarian, social or development field.
- English mother tongue or proof of level of competence through a TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS certificate or the equivalent.
CERAH Master student in humanitarian action. Professsional working in humanitarian action or in an international organization with experience in coordination or communication, wishing to review or improve his competencies in communication and advocacy. Professional in communication or journalism aiming for a career in humanitarian action who wishes to gain specific knowledge of humanitarian advocacy and communication.
Diplôme / examen
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Communication, Advocacy and Negotiation for Humanitarian Action
Lieu / adresse
- Genève 21 (GE)
Début des cours
Feb 9 2015 12:00AM
Durée de la formation
- A plein temps
RemarquesDiploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID). Registration deadlines:25 January 2015. The Advocacy week can be followed individually.
Renseignements / contact
Centre d'enseignement et de recherche en action humanitaire de Genève (CERAH) / Geneva Center for education and research in humanitarian action
Tél.: +41 (0)22 908 44 53