Description de la formation
The Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action consists of two key components: intensive courswork and research work on a topic of humanitarian action chosen by the participant.
- Introductory Week
- Module 1: History of Humanitarianism; Geopolitics of Humanitarian Action in Conflict; Humanitarian Action: Legal Issues; Values, Ethics, and Dilemmas in Humanitarian Action; Research Methods: Getting Started
- Module 2: The Sociology of Actors in Humanitarian Settings; The Political Economy of Humanitarian Crises; Health Interventions in Humanitarian Crises; Emergency and Development
- Module 3: Anthropology and Intercultural Aspects of Humanitarian Action; Communication; Vulnerabilities: evolving concept and new challenges; Future dilemmas and conclusion
- DAS Research Paper on a topic of humanitairian action chosen by the participant
Over the course of their studies, participants will:
- Analyse the historical, geopolitical and social origins of humanitarian crises.
- Acquire methodological and conceptual tools in order to contribute to research and reflection on contemporary humanitarian action.
Bachelor d'une haute école universitaire
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent, university degree requiring three year’s of study, plus a minimum of two years work experience in the humanitarian, social or development sector OR at least five years work experience in the humanitarian, social or development sector.
- Good level of English language skills: proof of level of competence through a TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS certificate or other proof of English language competency.
- Professsionals working in humanitarian action or in an international organisation who, after a number of years in the field, wish to review their competences and reflect on their practice in an academic setting. - Professionals working in the social domain wishing to move into the humanitarian aid sector. - Professionals from a variety of backgrounds, who hold a bachelor's degree or an equivalent university degree of three year's of study, and have a minimum of five years work experience, who wish to move into the humanitarian aid sector.
Diplôme / examen
- Diploma of Advanced Studies DAS
Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action
Lieu / adresse
- Genève 21 (GE)
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
- A plein temps
RemarquesDiploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID). Registration deadlines: 1 June 2015 (For candidates who have applied for a grant and/or who need an entry visa for Switzerland, applications are open until 1st February 2015)
Renseignements / contact
Center for education and research in humanitarian action CERAH)
Tél.: +41 22 908 45 33