Description de la formation
5 compulsory modules:
- Core Course on the History of the Ecumenical Movement
- Workshop on Intercultural Bible Study
- Workshop on Practical Theology
- Ecumenical Study Visits
- Intensive Thematic Seminar
One module chosen out of the following:
- Ecumenical Biblical Hermeneutics
- Ecumenical Missiology
- Ecumenical Social Ethics
- Ecumenical Theology
- Study the issues at stake in the ecumenical movement through an interdisciplinary approach linking theory and practice.
- Understand the nature of the ecumenical studies as well as their place in a local, national and international society.
- Strengthen knowledge on ecumenical biblical hermeneutics, ecumenical missiology, ecumenical social ethics and ecumenical theology.
- Understand the past, present and future challenges of the ecumenical debate Become aware of interdisciplinary approach of the ecumenical studies.
- Find constructive solutions linking theory to practice
Integrate in an ecumenical reflection.
Bachelor d'une haute école universitaire
The students are accepted through a competitive process of careful selection. The Ecumenical Institute uses multiple criteria when selecting students for admission including:
- the applicant’s grade average during his/her upper secondary and post-secondary studies.
- the accreditation by the University of Geneva of the applicant’s upper secondary and post-secondary studies.
- the affinity between the applicant’s ecumenical motivation/plans and the ecumenical teaching and research carried out at the Ecumenical Institute.
- the clear intention of the applicant’s church to make the best possible use of his/her ecumenical studies and experience in the future.
- the need to create annually a balanced student body, especially in terms of geographic and cultural contexts, church tradition and gender.
Theologian, pastor and professionnal of other disciplines with a suitable level of theological literacy
Diplôme / examen
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Ecumenical studies
Lieu / adresse
- Bogis-Bossey (VD)
Château de Bossey
Chemin Chenevière 2
CH 1279 Bogis-Bossey
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
- A plein temps
RemarquesDiploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva ant the Ecumenical Institute Application deadline: see contact below
Renseignements / contact
Tel.: +41(0)22 960 73 00