Foundations of Data Science
Diplôme / certificat de l’institution de formation
Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) > EPFL Extension School
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Provide the students with essential knowledge, vocabulary and skills for data management and communication.
Plan de la formation
- What is Data: Learn about data types, structures and frameworks
- Interacting with Data: Understanding how data is used and how to use data
- Where Data comes from: The processes for acquiring and sharing Data
- Storing & Structuring Data: Working with different types of databases and data sets
- Cleaning Data: Working with messy or incomplete data sets
- Analyzing Data: Gaining insights with data science techniques and tools
- Visualizing Data: Best practices and tools for data visualization and presentation
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: How data is used by machines
- Working as a Data Scientist: What do data scientists really do?
- Data & Society: Ethics and the uses of data in society
This course is taught at the beginner level. The students should have the following tools, skills and abilities prior to registering for this course:
- English at B1 level
- A computer with a webcam, microphone and a minimum internet connection of 2Mbps download / 512kbps upload, enabling you to stream videos with sound and to effectively participate in video chats
Lien sur l'admission
CHF 390.- per month
- Diplôme / certificat de l’institution de formation
Lieu / adresse
Début des cours
We enroll learners in this course on a rolling basis.
Durée de la formation
Self-paced, online learning.
Learners will move through the coursework most easily when they can commit to a minimum of 5-10 hours per week.
- À la carte