LL.M. in International Law
Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement (IHEID)
Description de la formation
The LL.M. in International Law is a Master of Advanced Studies carrying 60 ECTS.
The structure and content of the LL.M. in International Law reflects the development of public international law in practice over recent years.
- The Practice of International Law: This course combines lectures by Graduate Institute faculty with insights from a wide-range of practitioners in both the public and private sectors. It covers both substance and skills, with a focus on how international law is used by a variety of organisations as well as how it is enforced through different means, ranging from monitoring bodies, to complaint procedures and judicial bodies.
- Contemporary issues in Public International Law: This course covers the essential content of public international law from the perspective of contemporary practice.
- Intensive courses: These courses provide an opportunity to engage more deeply with the topics and themes of international law addressed during the general courses.
In addition to the general courses, students choose one of the following specialty streams:
- International Environmental Law and Governance
- International Economic Law
- Human Rights, Migration and International Humanitarian Law
All specialty streams include the following four components:
Masterclasses, Law clinic, LL.M. paper and Elective courses.
- To be eligible for the LL.M. Programme, applicants must possess a full legal education which entitles them to sit for the bar exam in their country of origin, e.g. the Maîtrise de droit in Switzerland,
- Proficiency in English (no certificate is required)
To apply for the LL.M. in International Law, applicants must complete an online application form. In addition, supporting documents ( CV, copies of universities diplomas, ect.) must be uploaded during the online application process.
Senior executives and mid-career leaders from all sectors and backgrounds who want to design their professional path and become leaders.
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS
MAS (or LL.M.) in International Law
Lieu / adresse
- Genève (GE)
Villa Barton, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, rue de Lausanne 132
Début des cours
Deadline for application: 15 January
Durée de la formation
1 academic year
- À temps partiel
Renseignements / contact
Tel: +41 (0)22 908 45 03