Hospitality Administration (EMBA)
Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale HES-SO > Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
1. Develop strategies at both property and corporate level in hospitality industry, including a business environmental analysis;
2. Synthetise information in order to make sound business decisions, with specific reference to financial implications;
3. Allocate resources effectively to translate the strategies to an operational level in hospitality contexts;
4. Manage change at individual and organisational level;
5. Communicate effectively with key stakeholders in the hospitality industry;
6. Develop cultural sensitivity and critical reflection to solve complex problems, at both an individual and team level;
7. Act autonomously and be self-directed in executing professional / entrepreneurial projects;
8. Develop a holistic approach to the world of hospitality combining theory and practice;
The Executive MBA in Hospitality Administration comprises 7 modules over an academic year of full-time study. The modules focus on diverse topics in order to ensure students are provided a challenging and dynamic journey.
This first modules of the Executive MBA in Hospitality Management gives you an overall picture of the hospitality industry today, focusing on its main driving forces, key industry figures, and present challenges. Experiential learning and business analysis are linked through a series of hands-on workshops and team building sessions. We introduce you to many different hospitality enterprises, to inspire your own hospitality concept and creative business solutions. You also work in a team to propose and develop a concept for a unique service experience which will be evaluated in terms of market attractiveness and potential financial success.
Consequent modules help you understand and analyze the financial performance of a hospitality operation: budgeting, cash flow and cost allocation. You learn how to evaluate assets and place a quantitative value on a business idea. You also learn how to prepare and edit financial data, which will allow you to make informed decisions and justify a project to investors. Your toolbox includes business mapping processes, decision theory and critical path analysis, models for market research, and advanced technological tools such as web analytics.
You will also study strategic management, organizational behavior and entrepreneurship, which will enable you acquire skills that will create value both for yourself and the company you work for.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years of full-time work experience with at least two years at supervisory level or with managerial responsibilities
- For non-native English speakers: a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL or 7.0 on the IELTS exams.
- A GMAT or GRE score.
- Minimum age is 25 at start of the program.
+ additional expenses: health insurance, accomodation, parking, swiss authorities
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) in Hospitality Administration
Lieu / adresse
- Lausanne (VD)
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
- A plein temps