Description de la formation
Le Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) est une formation postgrade donnée par les hautes écoles et elle équivaut à au moins 60 crédits ECTS.
7 week-long residential modules:
- Children's Rights in Context
- Childhood Studies and Childhood Research Methodology
- Children’s Rights and International Law
- Child Labour and Education
- Children in Contact With the Law
- Children's Rights in the Context of Health and in relation to Migration
- Implementation and Monitoring Strategies
- Individual Training Programme MAS's Thesis
- Master extended and specialised knowledge in children’s rights in their theoretical and pratical dimensions throught the introduction of different international and interdisciplinary concepts and approaches.
- Deepen complex understandings of the role of international instruments on children’s rights in the implementation and monitoring of children’s rights, with a particular focus on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Promote critical thinking concerning the effective practical application of the concepts and principles underlying the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Achieve a critical approach to understanding the origins, nature, limits and implementation of children’s rights, from an international and interdisciplinary perspective.
- Increase capacities in collaborative and independent learning via the resolution of intellectually challenging tasks allowing to improve problem-solving and reflective skills.
- Apply relevant theoretical, methodological and analytical techniques in order to identify issues and problems relating to the realization of children’s rights, and develop the ability to contribute to the resolution of these issues and problems.
- Practise presentation and advocacy skills via the production of seminar presentations, discussion papers, essays and project work dealing with particular issues in children’s rights.
- Applicants are required to hold a university degree (or equivalent), and are expected to have at least two years of professional experience relevant to the programme.
- Applicants must have a very good working knowledge of English in order to participate actively in the modules.
Professional who work with children's rights issues: lawyer, psychologist, sociologist, judge, law enforcement officer, social worker, teacher, government official, staff from governmental and non governmental organisations, academic and journalist.
CHF 150.- for registration fee
Diplôme / examen
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of Advanced Studies in Children's Rights
Lieu / adresse
- Sion (VS)
Center for Children's Rights Studies, Sion
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
- A temps partiel
The MCR is held in partnership with the International Institute for the Rights of Child (IDE), Sion.
Renseignements / contact
Tél. 027 205 73 93