Université de Genève (UNIGE) > Centre de formation continue et à distance
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Four thematic modules build on the skills acquired during the DAS in Interpreter Training enriching them with knowhow in areas required for university-level training of consecutive and simultaneous interpreters. In particular, the testing of aptitude as well as performance, but also feedback and assessment during (extended) training courses, alongside with the main ethical issues encountered in various types of interpreting. Finally, this Master’s degree provides participants with a basic grounding in research methodology necessary to supervise academic student work.
- Assessment: potential and performance
- Feedback: content and form
- Ethics: teaching professional demeanor
- Supervising theses: basic research methods
- CAS CIT Systematic training of consecutive interpreters (September 2017 to January 2018)
- CAS SIT Systematic training of simultaneous interpreters (February to June 2018)
- DAS IT Training interpreters across modalities (September to December 2018)
Prerequisite: CAS CIT + CAS SIT
- MAS IT Interpreter training (January to September 2019)
Prerequisite: DAS IT
Acquire the comprehensive skillset required for successful training of interpreters at university level.
Master d'une haute école universitaire
To be admitted to the MAS in interpreter training candidates must:
- hold a university diploma in conference interpreting, or an equivalent diploma, with a language combination that features official languages of ETI, or of a university recognized by the University of Geneva;
- provide proof of a minimum of three years’ professional experience in conference interpreting;
- include in their application a letter in one of the official languages of ETI stating their motivation to follow the program of study.
Interpreter with extensive professional experience in conference interpretation who is interested in teaching interpreting at university level
CHF 13'000.- for the complete program
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Lieu / adresse
90% at distance in a virtual learning environment, 10% on site at FTI.
Début des cours
January, every two years.
Durée de la formation
- A temps partiel
Renseignements / contact
Faculté de traduction et d'interprétation (FTI)