LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS)
Université de Genève (UNIGE) > Centre de formation continue et à distance
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Le Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) est une formation postgrade donnée par les hautes écoles et elle équivaut à au moins 60 crédits ECTS.
A typical curriculum includes:
- 2 general courses providing a comprehensive overview of international dispute settlement
- 8 intensive courses from a choice of fourteen (on topics such as international investment arbitration, WTO dispute settlement, arbitration in the United States and negotiation)
- 2 optional courses drawn from a list of about thirty relating to international dispute settlemen
- Weekly tutorials held in small groups
- Workshops on Legal Writing, Mediation, Witness Examination, and Financial Damage Analysis
- Several high-profile public lectures and specialized seminars specifically organized for the programme
- Conferences in Switzerland and abroad
- Visits to arbitral institutions in Paris and The Hague
- LL.M. thesis
Provide the opportunity for in-depth study of all aspects of dispute settlement in the international arena, across the divide of public and private, with an emphasis on today's most relevant fields such as commercial and investment arbitration, and ICJ and WTO dispute settlement procedures.
In order to maintain a low student-faculty ratio low, no more than 35 to 40 students are enrolled each year. The selection process is based on the strengths of each individual record of academic and or professional achievements.
- To be considered for the program, applicants must have received a first complete law degree (such as a Bologna Master degree, a J.D. or an LL.B.).
- Applicants whose primary language is not English or who did not receive their university education in the English language must take a language proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS). The admissions committee looks for a TOEFL score of at least 90 points on the Internet-based TOEFL or an IELTS overall score of at least 6.5.
Recent law school graduate, lawyer working in law firm, government, international organization or NGO, judge or doctoral student The programme seeks to enrol candidates from a variety of countries, backgrounds and career plans.
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of advanced studies in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), diploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID).
Lieu / adresse
- Genève (GE)
Rue de Lausanne 120b
Début des cours
September every year
Durée de la formation
One-year full-time graduate programme
- A plein temps
Renseignements / contact
Tel.: +41(0)22 908 44 86