Humanitarian Action, Master of Advanced Studies (MAS)
Centre d'enseignement et de recherche en action humanitaire
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
A core curriculum of 3 months of intensive coursework on the theory and fundamental questions of humanitarianism.
2 elective 7-week courses on a specialized subject to choose among:
- Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action
- Communication and Advocacy for Humanitarian Action
- Disaster Risk Management
- Health in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Legal Environment of Humanitarian Action
- People Management in Humanitarian Settings
This programme is part of CERAH's training offer including 1 MAS, 1 DAS and 1 CAS with 6 specializations.
- Reflect on humanitarian action from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Acquire conceptual, methodological, and practical tools to improve humanitarian intervention strategies.
- Build upon their existing analytical skills through the critical analysis of contemporary humanitarian crises, using case studies from armed conflicts, "natural" disasters, and situations of social exclusion.
- Develop specific competences in health, law, strategy of intervention, human resources management, communication and advocacy and disaster management.
Bachelor d'une haute école universitaire
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent, university degree requiring three year’s of study, plus a minimum of two years work experience in the humanitarian, social or development sector OR at least five years work experience in the humanitarian, social or development sector.
- Good level of English language skills: proof of level of competence through a TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS certificate or other proof of English language competency.
Professsionals working in humanitarian action or in an international organization wishing to reflect critically on his/her own experience in an academic setting.
Diplôme / examen
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action
Lieu / adresse
- Genève 21 (GE)
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
It is possible to complete the MAS in up to 3 years.
- En emploi
- A temps partiel
RemarquesDiploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID). Registration deadlines: 1st June 2015 (For candidates who have applied for a grant and/or who need an entry visa for Switzerland, applications are open until 1st February 2015)
Renseignements / contact
Geneva Center for education and research in humanitarian action CERAH)
Tél.: +41(0)22 908 45 33