Description de la formation
In most disciplines, the amount of available data is growing rapidly. Handling and processing the data remains a challenge and the demand for data science expertise is increasing dramatically across all domains. This CAS offers internal and external students, researchers, and employees the opportunity to complement their domain-specific core competences with a formal deepening and broadening of their applied data science knowledge and skills. The format is designed to align with the participants’ main study and professional activities.
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Statistical Inference for Data Science
- Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- Ethics and Best Practices
- Consolidations and Electives
- Deep Learning
Scope: 16 ECTS
At the end graduates will be:
- familiar with different data sources and data types, and able to develop data management plans.
- able to describe, extract and present scientific knowledge from data using statistical methods.
- able to process data with machine learning tools and methods.
- familiar with best practices for data management, analytics, and science.
- able to analyse and communicate data science challenges and use a wide range of data science tools and methods.
Aimed at students and professionals from the public/private sector that hold a degree from a university or a university of applied sciences (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD).
- Suitable for management wanting to know what data scientists are accomplishing in their fields
- Relevant for data analysts who want to go beyond spread sheets towards large data sets and refine their skills
- Applicable to consultants with a desire to know the possibilities offered by data science
- Intended for researchers wanting to take data science expert roles within their teams
(Employees and students of the university of Bern: CHF 5'600.-)
- Certificate of Advanced Studies CAS
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Applied Data Science, University of Bern
Lieu / adresse
- Berne (BE)
University of Bern
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
1 - 2 years (18 course days, given in three blocks per year)
- En emploi